- Crisis = Mandatory Creativity. Use it to your advantage. Finding Inspiration in Crisis. Crisis = Mandatory Creativity.
Use it to your advantage and find humor in the crisis.
Crises are a staple in life. Like it or not every day will bring its unique “challenges” right up to your doorstep.
- Stress Reduction/through Storytelling: Transforming Your Problems into your stories.
The cancer anthology book
“All sorrows can be born if you put them in a story or tell a story about them.” Isak Dinesen, pseudonym of Karen Christence Dinesen, Baroness Blixen-Finecke – Out of Africa
The Hero’s Journey.
- Creating Wellness through Storytelling – Your Hero’s Journey
“Freedom to Live” is the Freedom to Live
Crafting your life into a story -
Mastery leads to freedom from the fear of death, which in turn is the freedom to live. This is sometimes referred to as living in the moment, neither anticipating the future nor regretting the past.
Finding Your Voice - Empower Yourself Through Your Story – Tell Your Story – Tame Your Life
“Author” means c.1300, autor "father," from Old French auctor, acteor "author, originator, creator, instigator (12c., Modern French auteur), from Latin auctorem (nominative auctor) "enlarger, founder, master, leader," literally "one who causes to grow," agent noun from auctus, past participle of augere "to increase" (see augment). You become the 1862, "favoring imposed order over freedom," from authority + -an. Cf. authoritative, which originally had this meaning to itself. Noun in the sense of one advocating or practicing such governance is from 1859.
- Don’t fear change – You have the power to make it part of your story.
When change comes you can
- Connecting Through Storytelling – Using the Power of Story to Solve Division (to feel less alone – inspire compassion)
“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.” Philip Pullman. It’s true, prehistoric Neanderthals were painting on caves in Spain 40,000 years ago – it’s a human need, why? Stories connect us.
- Motivation Through the Power of Story (storytelling)
“You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone’s soul, becomes their blood and self purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows what the might do because of your words. That is your role, your gift.” Erin Morgenstern
“Stories can make your heart larger.” Ben Okri
- It’s All About You - Why Project You Should Be Your First Priority
“Everybody talks about wanting to change things and help and fix, but ultimately all you can do is fix yourself. And that’s a lot. Because if you can fix yourself, it has a ripple effect.” Rob Reiner
- Shameless Storytelling Event
In this one hour talk, Catheryn puts her –
“No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.” Lewis Carroll in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
She reads essays from her blog and connects the essential elements in the ideas of storytelling to human connection.
- The Power of Everyday Postitive
- Healing with Humor
- Telling Your Story